Page of Wands


 

Meaning: Curiosity and excitement- a trigger to make discoveries or advance in life. (Labyrinthos)

Depiction: In a scene that is only implied in Moby Dick, Ishmael as schoolteacher walks decisively out of his empty classroom, carpet bag in hand. There is a framed photo of a harpoon on the wall.

Text: Chapter 1- Loomings
The transition is a keen one, I assure you, from a schoolmaster to a sailor, and requires a strong decoction of Seneca and the Stoics to enable you to grin and bear it. But even this wears off in time.

19th Century Classroom

Comments: This card reminded me so much of Ishmael, yet it would have to be an Ishmael before he became the Fool setting off on his journey to the sea. It would be right when he realizes his hypos are getting the upper hand and it's high time to go to sea.

Pictures of Bud Cort - Pictures Of Celebrities
I swear, whenever I read that first paragraph I think of Harold and Maude.

No comments:

Post a Comment